Geoenvironmental Technology at TKK covers teaching and research in Engineering Geology and Applied Geophysics.
Most of the materials used for the construction of infrastructure, buildings and consumer goods are derived from geological materials and resources, and the same is true for energy and groundwater.
Topics of research and education:
- Rocks and soils in civil engineering
- Earth resources for energy and raw materials
- Hydrogeology and hydrogeophysics
- Geology and geophysics in environmental engineering
- Environmental risk analysis
- Mathematical geology
Geological and geophysical studies are also used in preparatory surveys for land-use planning.
Furthermore, either natural or man-made pollutants spread and move in the ground, and studying these phenomena is another important field of application for Geoenvironmental Technology.